Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Saving data

1 I save a worksheet. 2 later, when I go to open it, it has an earlier
save date and has old data. i.e. it didn't save. However, if I save it on a
flash drive, it does work/save. Is this a problem with Excell 2007, Vista or
my PC.
Morgan, novice, Vista Hm Prem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do a Save As and carefully note where the file is saved - the <exact folder
location
Close Excel
Now open <exactly that folder and that file
Still have the wrong data?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PennsyNut" wrote in message
1 I save a worksheet. 2 later, when I go to open it, it has an earlier
save date and has old data. i.e. it didn't save. However, if I save it on
flash drive, it does work/save. Is this a problem with Excell 2007, Vista
or
my PC.
Morgan, novice, Vista Hm Prem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I actually just had someone call me today, and tell me the same thing. But,
she is using Excel 2002. She was working on it all day long, saving it, and
as a backup autosave is set to 10 mins, and when she went back into the file
later that day, none of the information that she did all day long was there.

Any other thoughts on this?

"PennsyNut" wrote in message
1 I save a worksheet. 2 later, when I go to open it, it has an earlier
save date and has old data. i.e. it didn't save. However, if I save it on
flash drive, it does work/save. Is this a problem with Excell 2007, Vista
or
my PC.
Morgan, novice, Vista Hm Prem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't know where your or "someone's" data went but there is no Autosave with
Excel 2002 or newer.

Autorecovery from ToolsOptionsSave is it. This is not the same as Autosave
which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving.

Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes
normally without incident.

BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla
in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine.

I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 on 2002 and 2003 and does the job.

To download the 97 version go here.....

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

In addition to the above......Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which also doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP