patrick

Default Help Im a nOOb. cell formulas.

Ok can you walk me through this I am very new to this.
I have sheet 1. I have a starting balance on cell H1.
Also on that sheet I have a Total on cell D3.
Sheet 2 Column E will be my Recieved and Column G will be my paid.
I dont know what the sum column is for.
I need to have any number entries on Column E sheet 2 added to D3 sheet 1,
and subtract from H1 sheet 1.
Example: I have starting balance of $1000 in H1. And a Total on D3 of $500.
I add $20 to any cell in Column E. We will say E2. Now H1 equals $980, E2
equals $20, and D3 equals $520.

I barely know where to start so please be patient and make your explanations
detailed Thank you so much.

CLR

Hi Patrick.........

The answers depend on how/where your data comes from........particularly the
$1000 in H1 and the $500 in D3....if they are links or results of
calculations, then they must be appended........otherwise, these formulas
will make it look like what you ask..........

In H1 put =1000-sum(e:e)
In D3 put =500+SUM(E:E)

hth
Vaya con Dios,