Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Lost ability to select multiple cells w/ values & see sum, why?

Last week I could select multiple contiguous celss (with values) and see the
sum displayed at the lower right corner of my monitor. Now I cannot see the
sum anymore. What happened and how do I regain the ability to see the sum?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

There are a couple of possibilities.

That "feature" resides on the Status Bar.
The Status bar may be disabled.
Try, from the Menu Bar:
<View
And make sure that the "Status Bar" is checked.

Next, the feature itself may be turned off.
Right click in that area of the Status Bar (lower right), and you'll bring
up a window containing choices of which action you wish to be displayed.
--
HTH,

RD