Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lost ability to refresh external data

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003 to analyse data from an Access 2003 database using MS
Query (I guess this is also 2003).

I've been working on the spreadsheet for a couple of days, refreshing the
data and also editing the query to add more fields or convert fields etc.
Just now I went to refresh the data again when I noticed my External Data
toolbar was no-longer visible (it usually is visible when the active cell is
within the return data area). The shortcut menu does not have a Refresh
option and neither does the Data menu.

Somehow the spreadsheet has lost the MS Query link. Having said that, the
"Define Name" dialog box still shows the link and the "Refers to:" box shows
the correct range. Therefore, I'm hoping it's still possible to restore the
link as there were a lot of formulae and complex criteria used in the Query
and I don't want to have to re-build it all again.

As soon as I noticed the problem I closed the spreadsheet without saving
changes but I must have already saved the file after the problem occurred as
I've still not got a link (obviously or I wouldn't be seeking help).

I hope someone can help me restore the link,

Thanks very much.