Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to extend spreadsheet as needed, not in advance

Figuring out how to word this question is probably harder than the question
itself.

OK, I have a spreadsheet that will probably be used for years so it can get
longer and longer as time goes on.
On the left, is a column of reference numbers, say 001 to infinity.
If I pre-number the column and print, it thinks that the worksheet is upteen
pages and prints pages with just the reference numbers and no data yet
filled in the rest of the rows.

Even if I remove the reference numbers, it will still print because I have
borders around the empty cells.
So I guess what I'm asking is..is there a way that when a user opens the
file that only a row or two will be formatted for entry, with the next
reference number and bordered cells?
Or perhaps something that the user can click that would be the equivilent of
a "new entry" button?

I really hope someone understands this.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this Workbook_open macro:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
noofrows = Columns("A:A").End(xlDown).Row
Range("A" & noofrows).Copy Destination:=Range("A" & noofrows + 1)
Range("A" & noofrows + 1).Value = Range("A" & noofrows) + 1
Range("B" & noofrows + 1).Select

Stefi

€žEdward€ť ezt Ă*rta: