Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default merge columns

Greetings.

I have data in Column B (same text in each field) that I want to
add to all of the fields in Column A (different text in each field)

I have tried merge & center and tried to work out how to do a
CONCATENATE but am totally stuck. Is there any way to
add the sentence in Col B to the end of the text in Col A
without cutting and pasting on every line??

Tell me there is an easy way to do this!!

If its a formula I need to use - where on earth do you write it??

Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=A1&B1 (as a formula in cell C1, for example) will do your concatenation (or
=A1&" "&B1 if you want to insert a space between the strings).
If you want to replace A1 by that result, select column C, copy, select
column A, Edit/ Paste Special/ Values, then you can delete column C (and B
if you wish to).
--
David Biddulph