Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sleepindogg

Default merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

I am attempting to combine data from two different columns into one column.
Then I want to delete the two columns that I took the data from leaving only
the combined column data. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Use the formula:
=A2&B2
If you want a space in between use:
=A2&" "&B2
You can then fill this down the column as far as needed. Select the column,
Ctrl+C tocopy, then Edit/Paste Special/Values to paste the values in. Then
delete your other two columns.

Take a backup before you start!

Andy.

"sleepindogg" wrote in message
I am attempting to combine data from two different columns into one column.
Then I want to delete the two columns that I took the data from leaving
only
the combined column data. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thiem

Colum 1 Colum 2 = Colum 3

Colum 3 = Concatenate Cell (Colum 2) Cell (Colum2) Copy , then
Paste Value

If you want a space between data in C1 and C2

=Concatenate C1 (space) C2

cheers

--
Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sleepindogg

Andy:

Thank you very much. That was a great help and well appreciated.

Sleepindogg

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Use the formula:
=A2&B2
If you want a space in between use:
=A2&" "&B2
You can then fill this down the column as far as needed. Select the column,
Ctrl+C tocopy, then Edit/Paste Special/Values to paste the values in. Then
delete your other two columns.

Take a backup before you start!

Andy.

"sleepindogg" wrote in message
I am attempting to combine data from two different columns into one column.
Then I want to delete the two columns that I took the data from leaving
only
the combined column data. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sleepindogg

Thiem:

I did the concatenate cell, however, when I deleted the old columns, I lost
everything. It appears that the function was still working between the
cells, therefore, when I deleted the old columns, the new columns were also
lost. Andy sent me a reply that helped me out.

Thanks anyway, your assistance was appreciated.

Sleepindogg