Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default can i carryover data automatically from page to page and how?

I am trying to set up a month-to-month data sheet. Can I set it up so that
the accumulated total from one month carries over to the next?
--
JimVT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"JimVT" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a month-to-month data sheet. Can I set it up so that
the accumulated total from one month carries over to the next?
--
JimVT

Of course - at the top of sheet 2 in the required column type in
=Sheet1!(Cell the total is in on sheet 1). if you are uncertain as to how to
do THAT simple function, then I suggest you invest in a copy of Excel for
Dummies.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If your sheet has a name like "Jan07" and the accumulated total of Jan07 is
in column 11 (K) and row 1 - K11, you can use something like this in plan
"Feb07":

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,11,4,,TEXT($E11,"MMMYY") ))

Where $E11 is the date like "02/01/2007"

So when you create a new month, the formula will works to retrieve the
accumulated total of previous month

--

Rodrigo Ferreira
Regards from Brazil

"JimVT" escreveu na mensagem
I am trying to set up a month-to-month data sheet. Can I set it up so that
the accumulated total from one month carries over to the next?
--
JimVT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Rodrigo Ferreira" wrote in message
If your sheet has a name like "Jan07" and the accumulated total of Jan07
is in column 11 (K) and row 1 - K11, you can use something like this in
plan "Feb07":

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,11,4,,TEXT($E11,"MMMYY") ))

Where $E11 is the date like "02/01/2007"

So when you create a new month, the formula will works to retrieve the
accumulated total of previous month

Eh? Why not just keep it SIMPLE? The OP doesn't evan know how to reference a
cell in one worksheet from another....