Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to Open a file with the help of a code in Excel

Hi All,

I have a link to a file on the web which I want to download with the help of
code in excel. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.
Pranay Shah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You didn't supply a url so difficult to tell. Try putting your cursor in the
field you wantright clickexport to ms excel.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Pranay Shah" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a link to a file on the web which I want to download with the help
of
code in excel. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.
Pranay Shah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I have this url which keeps changing every day :
http://www.bseindia.com/bhavcopy/eq220807_csv.zip

This is bascially the Stock data for the day.

I want to prepare a macro which will ask the user for a start date and end
date and based upon that it will download and save all the files to a
specific folder.

Based upon the date the filename changes like this:-
eq220807_csv.zip - This means it is for 22 Aug 2007
similarly for 21 Aug 2007 it will be eq21082007_csv.zip

Please help me out how can i go about it. As I have to download lot of data
and it is taking hell lot of time to do so.

Thanks.

Pranay Shah

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You didn't supply a url so difficult to tell. Try putting your cursor in the
field you wantright clickexport to ms excel.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Pranay Shah" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a link to a file on the web which I want to download with the help
of
code in excel. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.
Pranay Shah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What do you do AFTER getting here. Step by step to url BEFORE you download
to csv
http://www.bseindia.com/