Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pranay Shah Pranay Shah is offline

Default How to Open a file with the help of a code in Excel

Hi,

I have this url which keeps changing every day :
http://www.bseindia.com/bhavcopy/eq220807_csv.zip

This is bascially the Stock data for the day.

I want to prepare a macro which will ask the user for a start date and end
date and based upon that it will download and save all the files to a
specific folder.

Based upon the date the filename changes like this:-
eq220807_csv.zip - This means it is for 22 Aug 2007
similarly for 21 Aug 2007 it will be eq21082007_csv.zip

Please help me out how can i go about it. As I have to download lot of data
and it is taking hell lot of time to do so.

Thanks.

Pranay Shah

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You didn't supply a url so difficult to tell. Try putting your cursor in the
field you wantright clickexport to ms excel.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Pranay Shah" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a link to a file on the web which I want to download with the help
of
code in excel. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.
Pranay Shah