Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Form Function

I have been using the Form in Excel for sometime. Today, I have a new
problem I have never seen before.

When I try to add a new record by using the form function (Data - Form), it
has an error message that "Cannot extend list or database". But the
speadsheet has only 430 records. I try to add a record at the bottom of the
list then use form to delet the record, it works, but when I add a new
record, it doesn't work.

Could any one please please help. Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you're trying to enter data using Excel's built in Data Form, this error
will appear if Excel is confused about where the table ends.

For example, if you select the first few rows of the table, then choose
DataForm, the error will appear if you try to enter a new record.

Or, you may have a range named 'Database', that doesn't include all of the
table. You can change the range definition, to include all the rows, or
delete the range name.

To edit or delete the range name, choose InsertNameDefine, and select
Database from the list.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

"Tony" wrote:

I have been using the Form in Excel for sometime. Today, I have a new
problem I have never seen before.

When I try to add a new record by using the form function (Data - Form), it
has an error message that "Cannot extend list or database". But the
speadsheet has only 430 records. I try to add a record at the bottom of the
list then use form to delet the record, it works, but when I add a new
record, it doesn't work.

Could any one please please help. Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Debra

But it hasn't been changed any of those. It works for long time and
yesterday it works in one minutes and then doesn't work any more.