Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default New to formulas

I need help with formulas, or a math function.

Bacically what I need to do is have Cell A2 subtract Cell A1 and be
outputted to Cell B2.

I have no idea how to start this.

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Money 2006" wrote in message
I need help with formulas, or a math function.

Bacically what I need to do is have Cell A2 subtract Cell A1 and be
outputted to Cell B2.

I have no idea how to start this.

Thank You

In cell B2 type "=A2-A1" (without the quotes)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Great, that seems pretty simple.

Is there a simple way to replicate that formula so I could use it without
having to specify the exact Colum/Row?

Meaning I need to do what I originally asked, but need to duplicate that
function, down multiple colums across multiple sheets.

"Gordon" wrote:

"Money 2006" wrote in message
I need help with formulas, or a math function.

Bacically what I need to do is have Cell A2 subtract Cell A1 and be
outputted to Cell B2.

I have no idea how to start this.

Thank You

In cell B2 type "=A2-A1" (without the quotes)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
Copy the formula by grabbing the lower right corner of the cell and copy it
down

Peo answered first part on how. Here's how to do it across
multiple sheets:

To do it across multiple sheets group the sheets first then
when you make a change on one sheets it's made on the whole
group. Highlight a sheet tab then hold down the shift key
and select the last sheet all sheets in between will be
highlighted.
If you need to pick and chose sheets use the control key
instead of the shift key. Don't forget to ungroup the sheets
before you start entering values.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Although Peo's suggestion will copy the formula down column "B", I can't see
how this would be of any use.
Can you give more detail of the data in cols "A" & "B" ?

George Gee

"Gordon" wrote:

"Money 2006" wrote in message
I need help with formulas, or a math function.

Bacically what I need to do is have Cell A2 subtract Cell A1 and be
outputted to Cell B2.

I have no idea how to start this.

Thank You

In cell B2 type "=A2-A1" (without the quotes)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This if for Fuel Oil Delivery, It's to keep a running total of "Degree Days"
used.

Colum A would have the "Degree day" example 12375, colum B would have to
number of days used since the number above 12345.

12345 00
12375 30
12395 20

That is an example.