Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default open new blank worksheet with over 65,000 rows

Hello

I am using Excel 2007, I am importing text files with about 500,000 rows.
This works fine. Problem is I then want to copy and peaste these 500,000 rows
into a new worksheet. However when you open a new worksheet it only opens
with 65,000 rows, so the peaste will not work. How can I open a new
worksheeet with at least 500,000 rows ready to take the peaste?

can you kindly email your answer to

Thanks
Ernest

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

XL2007 opens a new file with 1 048 576 rows. If you open an old XLS file
then you get 65 536 rows in compatibility mode.
When you first start XL2007 and get a new, empty worksheet, how many rows
does it have?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"EBrant" wrote in message
Hello

I am using Excel 2007, I am importing text files with about 500,000 rows.
This works fine. Problem is I then want to copy and peaste these 500,000
rows
into a new worksheet. However when you open a new worksheet it only opens
with 65,000 rows, so the peaste will not work. How can I open a new
worksheeet with at least 500,000 rows ready to take the peaste?

can you kindly email your answer to

Thanks
Ernest

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Ernest ,

You have to change the settings as under.

Click on Office ButtonExcel OptionsSaveSelect Excel Workbooks(*.xlsx)
(from the first dropdown box)

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Excel Menu-2003 for Excel-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.