-   -   open new blank worksheet with over 65,000 rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/150886-open-new-blank-worksheet-over-65-000-rows.html)

EBrant

open new blank worksheet with over 65,000 rows

Hello

I am using Excel 2007, I am importing text files with about 500,000 rows.
This works fine. Problem is I then want to copy and peaste these 500,000 rows
into a new worksheet. However when you open a new worksheet it only opens
with 65,000 rows, so the peaste will not work. How can I open a new
worksheeet with at least 500,000 rows ready to take the peaste?

can you kindly email your answer to

Thanks
Ernest

Bernard Liengme

open new blank worksheet with over 65,000 rows

XL2007 opens a new file with 1 048 576 rows. If you open an old XLS file
then you get 65 536 rows in compatibility mode.
When you first start XL2007 and get a new, empty worksheet, how many rows
does it have?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"EBrant" wrote in message
Hello

I am using Excel 2007, I am importing text files with about 500,000 rows.
This works fine. Problem is I then want to copy and peaste these 500,000
rows
into a new worksheet. However when you open a new worksheet it only opens
with 65,000 rows, so the peaste will not work. How can I open a new
worksheeet with at least 500,000 rows ready to take the peaste?

can you kindly email your answer to

Thanks
Ernest

shah shailesh

open new blank worksheet with over 65,000 rows

Hi Ernest ,

You have to change the settings as under.

Click on Office ButtonExcel OptionsSaveSelect Excel Workbooks(*.xlsx)
(from the first dropdown box)

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Excel Menu-2003 for Excel-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.