Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jay Jay is offline

Default Changing positive values to negative

Im using excel 2007with windows xp pro. I use excel very infreuently and
not since upgrading to 2007.
I have a long column of dollar values that I need to change from positive to
negative values such as:
$123.45
($123.45)
I can accomplish the feat manually over many hours by F2.HOME- ENTER
DOWN ARROW and repeat and repeat and repeat. Or I can use a macro. But
using a macro has changed from years ago. When I tried the macro inserted a
specific value of cell rather than the value of the selected cell. So that
didnt work. What can make this conversion easier?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If they are all positive values then enter -1 in a cell and then copy it.
Now highlight the range of values to be changed to negative, right-click and
select Paste Special Multiply.

This will change all positive value into negative ones and, the reason that
I said were they all positive, all negative values will be come positive.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings