Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Changing positive values to negative

If they are all positive values then enter -1 in a cell and then copy it.
Now highlight the range of values to be changed to negative, right-click and
select Paste Special Multiply.

This will change all positive value into negative ones and, the reason that
I said were they all positive, all negative values will be come positive.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"jay" wrote in message
I'm using excel 2007with windows xp pro. I use excel very infreuently and
not since upgrading to 2007.
I have a long column of dollar values that I need to change from positive
negative values such as:
$123.45
($123.45)
I can accomplish the feat manually over many hours by F2.HOME- ENTER
DOWN ARROW and repeat and repeat and repeat. Or I can use a macro. But
using a macro has changed from years ago. When I tried the macro inserted
specific value of cell rather than the value of the selected cell. So
that
didn't work. What can make this conversion easier?