Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PL PL is offline

Default How to create list and count from a table?

I need to create a unique data from a spreadsheet with the design as below:

1/1/07 2/1/07 3/1/07 ...... (date at row 1)

9am abc xyz (empty)
11am rst abc xyz
2pm xyz rst (empty)

The expected result in a seperate worksheet is:

abc 2
rst 2
xyz 3

which show the unique data from the table with the number it appeards.

Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming your data is in col A, B, C, D on Sheet 1
Your Summary is on Sheet 2

in the cell to the right of Summary abc - Formula is
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$B$2:$D$4,A1)

Autofill down for a fara as is needed