-   -   How to create list and count from a table? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/147383-how-create-list-count-table.html)

PL

How to create list and count from a table?

I need to create a unique data from a spreadsheet with the design as below:

1/1/07 2/1/07 3/1/07 ...... (date at row 1)

9am abc xyz (empty)
11am rst abc xyz
2pm xyz rst (empty)

The expected result in a seperate worksheet is:

abc 2
rst 2
xyz 3

which show the unique data from the table with the number it appeards.

Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

steve_doc

How to create list and count from a table?

Assuming your data is in col A, B, C, D on Sheet 1
Your Summary is on Sheet 2

in the cell to the right of Summary abc - Formula is
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$B$2:$D$4,A1)

Autofill down for a fara as is needed