Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copy Column to Row

We would like to create an "interaction" matrix.

I would manually enter data in a column. I would want this data
automatically created in column heads.
A B C D
1
2 =A3 =A4 =A5
3Item#1
4Item#2
4Item#3

Since if expect a large number of items, I want to "fill by example" the
rest of row 2. I just can't find out how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Put in B2:
=IF(INDEX($A3:$A300,COLUMN(A1))=0,"",INDEX($A3:$A3 00,COLUMN(A1)))
Copy B2 across as far as required. This will return the results that you're
after.

The range: $A3:$A300 is arbitrary but should suffice here. Adapt to suit if
desired. Note that you'd run out of cols to copy across in xl2003 and lower
(max 256 cols)
--
Max
Singapore
"John Gilmer" wrote in message
We would like to create an "interaction" matrix.

I would manually enter data in a column. I would want this data
automatically created in column heads.
A B C D
1
2 =A3 =A4 =A5
3Item#1
4Item#2
4Item#3

Since if expect a large number of items, I want to "fill by example" the
rest of row 2. I just can't find out how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Check your other post, too.

I did.

Thanks for that, too.

John Gilmer wrote:

We would like to create an "interaction" matrix.

I would manually enter data in a column. I would want this data
automatically created in column heads.
A B C D
1
2 =A3 =A4 =A5
3Item#1
4Item#2
4Item#3

Since if expect a large number of items, I want to "fill by example"

the
rest of row 2. I just can't find out how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

And which ones worked for you, I wonder ?

The IF construct in my non-array suggestion was optional, but it provides
suppression of extraneous zeros returned by blank cells (if any) for a
cleaner looking output in row2.

Without the IF, the core of it is simply in B2, copied across:
=INDEX($A3:$A300,COLUMN(A1))