Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
areezm

Default how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o zer

I am trying to copy one column from one sheet to another sheet without
getting all the zeros at the end, This is for a template that will have
varying range sizes.

Any suggestions???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allllen

It is difficult to understand your question. I think you want to have a
formula in the new sheet that refers to the data on another sheet.

Instead of just "=sheet1!A1", which will give you 0s where the cells on
sheet1 are blank, you can use something like this, which writes "" (nothing)
if the cell A1 on sheet1 is blank:

=IF(sheet1!A1=0,"",sheet1!A1)

--
Reply to post if not correct
Allllen

"areezm" wrote:

I am trying to copy one column from one sheet to another sheet without
getting all the zeros at the end, This is for a template that will have
varying range sizes.

Any suggestions???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If sheet1!a1 actually equals 0, then your formula would hide that.

I'd use:

=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)

"areezm" wrote:

I am trying to copy one column from one sheet to another sheet without
getting all the zeros at the end, This is for a template that will have
varying range sizes.

Any suggestions???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allllen

Default how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o

Yes, I agree, use Dave's: it is better.
--
Reply by thread only
thanks