Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default dividing a cell

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How can I
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half of C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Bob

You cannot split a cell into two halves and color each half separately.

You must be seeing something else.

Two cells with a border around possibly.

Do not attach your workbook to postings.

Upload it to http://savefile.com/index.php and others can download if they
wish.

I certainly would have a look at it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:31:01 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How can I
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half of C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have uploaded the file. Cell C1 had a line between the two numbers and
the top half was colored. It was done throughout the spreadsheet. I don't
have a copy of the sheet.
Bob

You cannot split a cell into two halves and color each half separately.

You must be seeing something else.

Two cells with a border around possibly.

Do not attach your workbook to postings.

Upload it to http://savefile.com/index.php and others can download if
they
wish.

I certainly would have a look at it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:31:01 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How can
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a
file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half of
C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Bob

Uploaded to savefile.com?

What did you upload if you have no copy of the sheet?

We need a URL to your file.

Gord

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:28:39 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

I have uploaded the file. Cell C1 had a line between the two numbers and
the top half was colored. It was done throughout the spreadsheet. I don't
have a copy of the sheet.
.. .
Bob

You cannot split a cell into two halves and color each half separately.

You must be seeing something else.

Two cells with a border around possibly.

Do not attach your workbook to postings.

Upload it to http://savefile.com/index.php and others can download if
they
wish.

I certainly would have a look at it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:31:01 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How can
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a
file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half of
C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't see any coloring on the cells.

In C1:E1 the two numbers in the cells are nothing more than a couple of numbers
with spaces between with Wrap Text enabled and formatted to center.

Still only one cell.

Gord

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:16:52 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

what you see is exactly what the calander looks like. Like I said I can't
get the file. I just showed you an example. On the actual calander cell C1
has a line between the two numbers and the top half is colored. It is done
throughout the calander, for holidays, weeks off etc. I am going to try and
get the file.
[...]

m...

wrote:

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How
can
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I
know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a
file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half
of
C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Could be that you have Drawing rectangles overlaying part of the cell to make
it look like it's actually split....one number being in the rectangle and the
other being in the cell.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

I have a calander that was made and one cell has two dates in it. How
can
put a line between the two numbers and color one half of the cell. I
know
it can be done because it is on on of our calanders. I am attaching a
file
with what I want. In the attach. I would like to color the top half
of
C1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

When you get ahold of the file, drag the mouse cursor across the cell and if
the cursor changes shape from a white plus sign to a black cross, then you
have a drawing object in place.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3