Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mg_sv_r

Default Dividing the value of a cell if another cell equals a set value

Hi again,

Need help with another formula, I have the following table.

A B C D
1 19.00 GBP fred
2 27.00 EUR BOB
3 56.90 CAD Bill

I want a mathmatical function to multiply the value in column A by say 0.74
if the value in column B = "EUR" and enter the result in column D.

Thanks again for any help. It really is much appreciated.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

John,
if you want column D:D to remain blank for non EUR currencies, then use
this formula:
=IF(B2="EUR", A2*0.74, "")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi John

One way, use a LOOKUP formula
=A2*LOOKUP(B2,{"CAD","EUR","GBP";0.498,0.74,1})
Copy down column C as far as required.
Change the rates to suit.

Regards

Roger Govier

mg_sv_r wrote:
Hi again,

Need help with another formula, I have the following table.

A B C D
1 19.00 GBP fred
2 27.00 EUR BOB
3 56.90 CAD Bill

I want a mathmatical function to multiply the value in column A by say 0.74
if the value in column B = "EUR" and enter the result in column D.

Thanks again for any help. It really is much appreciated.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gee-off

This would be the formula for cell "D1"

=if(b1="EUR",A1*.74,"")

If the value in "B1" is "EUR", then "A1" times .74 will appear in "D1". If
"B1" is not "EUR", then nothing will appear in "D1".