Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How Do I Delete Blank Pages of a Spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet consisting of 3 pages, however, in print preview and
when printed, there are 2 extra, blank pages at the end of the document.
They print blank....how do I DELETE these two extra pages without just
highlighting the ones I want and command print? Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Arbee5 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet consisting of 3 pages, however, in print preview and
when printed, there are 2 extra, blank pages at the end of the document.
They print blank....how do I DELETE these two extra pages without just
highlighting the ones I want and command print? Any help would be
appreciated.

Check your margins.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

View 'Page break preview'
Drag the bright blue borders to remove the pages you don't need.

View 'Normal'.

George Gee

"gls858" wrote:

Arbee5 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet consisting of 3 pages, however, in print preview
and
when printed, there are 2 extra, blank pages at the end of the
document.
They print blank....how do I DELETE these two extra pages without just
highlighting the ones I want and command print? Any help would be
appreciated.

Check your margins.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sounds like Excel believes there is more to your data than meets the eye.
Select all the columns to the right of your data and press "CTRL" + "-" at
the same time which will physically delete the columns (They will be
replaced but they will definitely be empty). Now do the same to the rows
below your data.

Finally just for good measure, you can select the area you want to print and
do File / Print Area / Set Print Area and that should be the last time you
have to do it.

Then just hit Print.

The easy way to check where Excel believes your data ends is to hit "CTRL" +
"END" and often you will find that it is way out past where you thought your
data finished.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03