Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Highlight cell 1 and move to last cell

I would like to highlight a cell then jump to last entry to highlight
a block so I can copy or delete that block of text.
Select all is not what I want.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

assume in a single column or row with contiguous data

for a column

click in the top cell. Hold down the shift key, then hit the end key
followed by the down arrow.

for a row, it would be the right arrow.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ralphael1" wrote:

I would like to highlight a cell then jump to last entry to highlight
a block so I can copy or delete that block of text.
Select all is not what I want.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If cells in a column contain contiguous data:
Click in the topmost cell and double-click the
bottom border of the selection box.

George Gee

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to highlight a cell then jump to last entry to highlight
a block so I can copy or delete that block of text.
Select all is not what I want.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Which jumps to the last cell in the block but does not select the block.

Hold down SHIFT key then follow George's steps or SHIFT + End + DownArrow.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:27:42 -0000, "George Gee" wrote:

If cells in a column contain contiguous data:
Click in the topmost cell and double-click the
bottom border of the selection box.

George Gee

roups.com...