Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Conditional Formulas and finding lower numbers in a series

I am trying to create a conditional formula which can show a keyword in a
cell - if the values in a set of cells has three values under 'x' amount.
Is this possible??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Try
=IF(AND(A1<100,B1<50,C1<30),"Eureka!","")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"chrysler265" wrote in message
I am trying to create a conditional formula which can show a keyword in
cell - if the values in a set of cells has three values under 'x'
amount.
Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for your post..

I have for example a set of cells:
A1=12
B1=5
C1=4
D1=3
E1=7
F1=20
G1=9

and I want to have a cell read "eureka" if three values are <6 for example.
an (AND(OR)) can be used I am sure, just don't know how.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try
=IF(AND(A1<100,B1<50,C1<30),"Eureka!","")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"chrysler265" wrote in message
I am trying to create a conditional formula which can show a keyword in
cell - if the values in a set of cells has three values under 'x'
amount.
Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
I don't think that you need a conditional formula, try:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A4, "<"&D1)2,"keyword","")

What this does is checks if the value in the range a1:a4 are < the value in
D1 and it gives me the count and if the count is more than 2 bingo I have the
keyword.

Is that it?

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"chrysler265" wrote:

I am trying to create a conditional formula which can show a keyword in a
cell - if the values in a set of cells has three values under 'x' amount.
Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Another thing you may b able to help me with:

I have a program which exports streaming data to excel.
I need a cell to show "x" when the value of a given cell was '2' but has
since increased to '4' for e.g.

???

"chrysler265" wrote:

Beautiful, thankyou!