Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
WM WM is offline

Default IF funtion question

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To simplify:

=A1+5

George Gee

"George Gee" wrote in message
Is your maths right?

=A1-5+10

George Gee

"wm" wrote in message
Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

i guss ur eq is wrong. according to ur logic if the total is 20 items, then
the answer would be 25.00

however see the below mentioned foumula
=IF(A1=5,10+INT((A1-5)/5)*5,10)

or

=IF(A1=5,10+((A1-5)/5)*5,10)

u can try both formula

if u need further information, pls let me know

pls do rating

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry, if someone could explain the original posters logic.
To me the answer to the original question is 25.

George Gee

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote in
message ...

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gee George, your right (vbg). I would suggest the OP post again with exactly
what he wants! 10+5+5+5=25, not 20. If the anser is to be 20, then some
logic is missing, so no one will really be in a position to help him! To try
and get to 20, is an excercise in futility, as it will not help the person.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Kassie

As the OP has not replied to any posts in this thread,
one must assume that he is otherwise occupied, or that
the "20" was a typo!
Also, the formula(s) provided by "Muhammed Rafeek M",
will probably meet his requirements.

George Gee

"kassie" (Change all to lowercase) wrote in
message ...

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe.........

=TEXT(COUNT(A1:A20),"0.00")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"wm" wrote in message
Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

no of items on A1.

=IF(A110,15+(A1-10)/2,IF(A1=5,10+(A1-5),IF(A1<5,A1*2,"X")))

20 items = 20.00
15 items=17.50
10 items = 15.00
5 items = 10.00

maybe this is formulated for reduced selling price as qty of item increase.

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

None of the answers so far appear to me to be correct. I believe the OP
meant that the cost increments like this:

1-5 10.00
6-10 15.00
11-15 20.00
16-20 25.00
21-25 30.00

If so, and taking into account that zero items should probably not cost
$10,00, the formula might look like this:

=IF(A10,5+INT((A1+4)/5)*5,0)

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..

--
Gary L. Smith
Columbus, Ohio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
WM WM is offline

Thanks all for the replies. Actually, there was typing error. the correct
anwer for the below (1st eg) is 25.

On top of the below requirement, there is another criteria as following:

If the charge for 1st set is 10.00, 5.00 per very additional set.
And 1 set can consist of 5 items.

Eg: if there are 17 items, then there should be 4 sets , so charges are 25.00
*eventhough the 4th set consists of 3 items only, but it will be charged as
5.00 for the particular set.

I have tried out this,

A1= no. of items

=IF(A1/51,ROUNDUP(A1/5-1,0)*5+10,10)