Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kassie kassie is offline

Default IF funtion question

Gee George, your right (vbg). I would suggest the OP post again with exactly
what he wants! 10+5+5+5=25, not 20. If the anser is to be 20, then some
logic is missing, so no one will really be in a position to help him! To try
and get to 20, is an excercise in futility, as it will not help the person.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

"George Gee" wrote:

Sorry, if someone could explain the original posters logic.
To me the answer to the original question is 25.

George Gee

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote in
message ...
i guss ur eq is wrong. according to ur logic if the total is 20 items, then
the answer would be 25.00

however see the below mentioned foumula
=IF(A1=5,10+INT((A1-5)/5)*5,10)

or

=IF(A1=5,10+((A1-5)/5)*5,10)

u can try both formula

if u need further information, pls let me know

pls do rating

"wm" wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist on the following:

eg: 10.00 per 1st 5 items, 5.00 per every additional 5 items
Thus, if the total is 20 items, then the answer would be 20.00

Pls adv on generating the formula for the above. Thanks in advance.

wm..