Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default where do i start?

I am new to excel 2003 and I am needing to create parking/vehicle
identification forms. there are seperate sheets..but i am guessing i put it
all on one worksheet? do I make a title and then list them all? where do i
start? any info would help! thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel is not really for this task - it is for working with numbers.
Try Word
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"tiff77" wrote in message
I am new to excel 2003 and I am needing to create parking/vehicle
identification forms. there are seperate sheets..but i am guessing i put
it
all on one worksheet? do I make a title and then list them all? where do i
start? any info would help! thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

tiff77 wrote:
I am new to excel 2003 and I am needing to create parking/vehicle
identification forms. there are seperate sheets..but i am guessing i put it
all on one worksheet? do I make a title and then list them all? where do i
start? any info would help! thanks!!

Help us help you!
With the info you've given it's impossible to determine what help you need.
Describe what you are trying to do and what data you need to store. If you
already have spreadsheets explain how they are set up. Give as much
detailed info as practical. Maybe then you'll get some answers.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I know it's kind of tough to put something that's new on several levels into
words, but like gls858 said - if you'll tell us something about the 'what'
side of it, we may be able to make recommendations.

Excel opens a new workbook with 3 new, empty sheets by default. That
doesn't mean you have to use them all, and you can always add more if you
need them.

I think a big part of getting started with this would be for you to tell us
exactly what these parking identification forms are going to be used for. If
they are for something like giving people who park there an ID of some kind
to put on their dashboard, then it may be that another application like Word
might be the tool. But if you're trying to keep up with information about
cars that come in for parking and want to keep up with license number, time
in, time out (and thus time to be charged for) along with where the car was
put, for use by your parking attendants, then Excel could be just the thing.

Tell us what you want to use this for, and what information you need to
collect and keep and we'll give it a go.

"tiff77" wrote:

I am new to excel 2003 and I am needing to create parking/vehicle
identification forms. there are seperate sheets..but i am guessing i put it
all on one worksheet? do I make a title and then list them all? where do i
start? any info would help! thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One other suggestion - if you do decide that Excel is the way to go, then
head on down to the nearest bookstore and pick up a copy of Excel 2003 for
Dummies. Seriously - while some may poke fun at the sometimes light-hearted
way those books are written, they are absolutely great for introducing the
beginner to almost any subject. You wouldn't believe the number of bright
yellow binders shining out from my bookshelves.