Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I Unzip the files in "ExcelMap-China-Region.Zip" into your

How to install "ExcelMap-China-Region.xls Map Sheet" ?

Step One

Unzip the files in "ExcelMap-China-Region.Zip" into your Excel map data
directory.
It should be
\Program File\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Data Map\Data

Step Two

Use Start Run or Explorer in Window to run Data Install program:-

\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Datamap\datainst.exe

If you cannot run the program or cannot find the program. Please reinstall
the Microsoft Map, mapping function from Office/ Excel CD-ROM again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Which step are you stuck on?

MS Office has not had the datamap feature for the past two or three versions.

I believe 2000 version was the last version to have it.

See this google search thread for more info.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...547ee6e7920346

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP