Donna YaWanna

Default merging my excel files

I create several .csv files every day. The total number of files varies. So
do the file names.
All the file names have a date and time stamp in them. I want to be able to
merge these files into a single file a couple times during the day. I don't
want to delete or rename the originals - I just want to be able to verify
the data going into the files is valid. Opening one file is easier than
opening maybe 25 files and if they're all merged I don't have to worry about
missing any.

How do I create a batch file to merge all these files into a single csv when
I don't even know how many files there are? I need some kind of wildcard
trick, I guess. Any ideas? The file names are all something like "06-13-05
164423completedrecordswithexpense.csv"

Dave Peterson

I'd just shell to the Command prompt:

Windows start command|Run