Barry P

Default Adding rows of different info from separate worksheets into summar

I have 12 monthly worksheets of catalogue item information on rows. I want to
build a summary worksheet that summarizes one of the columns (qty sold) by
month. Problem is, when I run my VLookup to find the cat.#, invariably the
catalogue has changed from month to month and returns incomplete information.
how can I build my catalogue list in the summary worksheet from the
associated monthly worksheets and get all of the cat.#'s that have come and
gone through out the year?
JulieD

Hi Barry

I would look at using Data / Consolidation - it's a bit labourious doing it
for 12 spreadsheets - so try it on 2 or 3 first to see if it gives you the
information you want (you could also look at pivot tables from multiple
consolidation ranges - check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details on this
www.contextures.com).

with the data / consolidation option - insert a new worksheet, click in say
cell A4 and choose data / consolidate from the menu.

then ensure that you tick the three boxes at the bottom - then click in the
reference line and then choose your first range (choose the cat # column and
the quantity sold column) .. then click ADD - repeat for all sheets - then
click OK.

Cheers
JulieD