Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kap kap is offline

Default Recording elapsed time

What formula do I use for elapsed time so I can calculate calories/hour from
my exercise routine, for example? The routines vary in lengthI can calculate
average time and average calories but is there a way I can use the
hour:minute:second format (or some other elapsed time format) to divide the
calories by, or do I have to convert all times to hours, for example, and
proceed that way? In what format do I enter the time data? I am using Office
XP Professional with Publisher Version 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Kap,

Perhaps this would be ok ?
If times are entered in 24 hour format with hours and minutes e.g. in
columns A and B for start and stop:
12:00 12:15
13:10 14:15
23:00 00:15

The hours spent can be calculated as:
=IF(B1<A1,ROUND((B1-A1+1)*24,2),ROUND((B1-A1)*24,2))
formatted as number to 2 decimal places.

Hth
Anthony