Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default My Documents include Excel & Word

I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible,
advisable or not advisable & how do I do this?
--
Sadie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Sadie,

Create 2 different folders like Excel and Word under My Documents and make
these folders as default file locations.

In Excel: Tools €“ Options €“ Default File Location.
In Word: Tools €“ Options €“ File Locations €“ Documents.

All your future files will by default go to these folders.

Segregate your present files by clicking File Type in Windows Explorer and
put into the appropriate folders.

Regards,

Jaleel

"Sadie" wrote:

I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible,
advisable or not advisable & how do I do this?
--
Sadie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Am new user obviously, just need to ensure I understand your instruction
prior to my changing & loosing access to all Excel Documents or never being
able to locate even though still there.

Are you saying my Excel Default File Location can precisely be:
C:\Documents and Settings\sadie\Excel Files

Excel Default Location currently shows C:\Documents and Settings\sadie\My
Documents. Once I change My Documents to Excel Files, how will I be able to
locate these files?

--
Sadie

"Sadie" wrote:

I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible,
advisable or not advisable & how do I do this?
--
Sadie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sadie
What Jaleel is saying is to place the new folders, Excel Files and Word
Files (or any other names you choose) as sub-folders under My Documents.
You chose to have "sadie" as a sub-folder under My Documents and then put
the 2 folders as sub-folders under "sadie". There is nothing wrong with
your way or his way. You can choose any name for your folders for Excel and
Word documents and you can place those folders anywhere in your hard drive
you want. Anywhere!
Once you have created those folders, do what Jaleel says and go into the
Excel and Word programs and specify where you want your data files to go.
HTH Otto