Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sadie Sadie is offline

Default My Documents include Excel & Word

Am new user obviously, just need to ensure I understand your instruction
prior to my changing & loosing access to all Excel Documents or never being
able to locate even though still there.

Are you saying my Excel Default File Location can precisely be:
C:\Documents and Settings\sadie\Excel Files

Excel Default Location currently shows C:\Documents and Settings\sadie\My
Documents. Once I change My Documents to Excel Files, how will I be able to
locate these files?

--
Sadie

"Jaleel" wrote:

Hi Sadie,

Create 2 different folders like Excel and Word under My Documents and make
these folders as default file locations.

In Excel: Tools €“ Options €“ Default File Location.
In Word: Tools €“ Options €“ File Locations €“ Documents.

All your future files will by default go to these folders.

Segregate your present files by clicking File Type in Windows Explorer and
put into the appropriate folders.

Regards,

Jaleel

"Sadie" wrote:

I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible,
advisable or not advisable & how do I do this?
--
Sadie