Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sub total

Use "sumif" command.
sumif(range of criteria,critera, the range to bu summed)
in your case

sumif(column B,"put the discription, you want the sum for them",column C)
HTH

"Tarig" wrote in message
I have a master data sheet that contains reciept numbers in column "A",
description in column "B" and amount in column "C".
I need a formulae that can sum amounts with the same similar description.

Thanks in advance

tarig