-   -   Sub total (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/113422-sub-total.html)

Rasoul Khoshravan

Sub total

Use "sumif" command.
sumif(range of criteria,critera, the range to bu summed)
in your case

sumif(column B,"put the discription, you want the sum for them",column C)
HTH

"Tarig" wrote in message
I have a master data sheet that contains reciept numbers in column "A",
description in column "B" and amount in column "C".
I need a formulae that can sum amounts with the same similar description.

Thanks in advance

tarig

Tarig

Sub total

I have a master data sheet that contains reciept numbers in column "A",
description in column "B" and amount in column "C".
I need a formulae that can sum amounts with the same similar description.

Thanks in advance

tarig

Sandy

Sub total

Try using the SumIf...

Sandy
Tarig wrote:
I have a master data sheet that contains reciept numbers in column "A",
description in column "B" and amount in column "C".
I need a formulae that can sum amounts with the same similar description.

Thanks in advance

tarig

Sandy

Sub total

Try using the SumIf function...

Sandy

Tarig wrote:
I have a master data sheet that contains reciept numbers in column "A",
description in column "B" and amount in column "C".
I need a formulae that can sum amounts with the same similar description.

Thanks in advance

tarig

Tarig

Sub total

Thanks for your help, I have used successfully sumif command
--
tarig elsawi