Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LMB LMB is offline

Default Delete gridlines and shading below

Hi Everyone,

Someone sent me an excel sheet and they selected the whole sheet and put
borders on all cells. They also shaded columns all the way down. I have 72
pages but only want one. I need to keep the borders and shading on cells
A1-AG40. I tried to delete the rows by selecting for 41 and dragging down
but I got to 50,000 rows and there were still more. How can I clear the
contents of everything below row 41 and keeping everything above intact?

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Click in the name box (above column A's header), type A41:IV65536
press enter, then select EditClear
if there is data that you want to keep and just remove the format select
formats if there is no data just formats select all
press Ctrl + Home and save the workbook

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"LMB" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Someone sent me an excel sheet and they selected the whole sheet and put
borders on all cells. They also shaded columns all the way down. I have
72 pages but only want one. I need to keep the borders and shading on
cells A1-AG40. I tried to delete the rows by selecting for 41 and
dragging down but I got to 50,000 rows and there were still more. How can
I clear the contents of everything below row 41 and keeping everything
above intact?

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The name box is left end of the formula bar.

Another method is to go to row 41.

Select entire row and SHIFT + End + DownArrow.

EditDeleteEntire Row.

Do same for columns to the right of AG

IMPORTANT step.

Save the workbook at this point.

Older versions required a save/close /reopen to see the changes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"LMB" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Someone sent me an excel sheet and they selected the whole sheet and put
borders on all cells. They also shaded columns all the way down. I have
72 pages but only want one. I need to keep the borders and shading on
cells A1-AG40. I tried to delete the rows by selecting for 41 and
dragging down but I got to 50,000 rows and there were still more. How
can I clear the contents of everything below row 41 and keeping
everything above intact?

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for the feedback.

For more Excel info go to Help and type in "specifications" to get a list of
limits and sizes etc.

Gord

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:41:20 -0400, "Linda RQ"
wrote:

That was it! Select Row, then Shift+end+down

I see where your 65536 came from....I guess you have 65536 rows in excel.

Thanks a million!
Linda

.. .