Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
Default Food Details.

OK. I am going to start weight training and need to set up the following.

I have 8 sheets (1 for each day) and another sheet with the food I like to eat. Each food has details such as. Protein, Fat, Carbs etc. What I would like to do is add on say Wednesday what I am going to eat for that day and then for spreadsheet to work out my total Protein, carb and fat intake for that day using the info on page 8.

So if for example I have 75gms Chicken breast on page 8 and I put Chicken in page 4 (Wednesday) twice, it will work out my Total intake of Protein, Carbs etc.

Thanks in advance

Carl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

On your Food sheet, sheet 8, set up a matrix as follows

Carbs Protein
Chicken
Beef
Pork
Bread

With as many parameters as you are going to measure going across the
page, and as many foods as you wish down the page. Express all values as
nutrients per 100 grams
InsertNameDefineName Nutrients Refers to . =Sheet8$A$1:$F$100
or whatever is the range of your data.

Group the other 7 sheets by selecting the first, holding down shift as
you select the 7th.
On one sheet set up as follows
Product Quantity Carbs Protein
Chicken
Bread

In cell C2
=B2/100*VLOOKUP($A2,Nutrients,column(A:A),0)
copy across the row for as many columns as required and down for as many
rows as required.

As the sheets are grouped, the data and formulae will be copied to all.
Click on Sheet8 to ungroup them.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"the-jackal" wrote in message

OK. I am going to start weight training and need to set up the
following.

I have 8 sheets (1 for each day) and another sheet with the food I
like
to eat. Each food has details such as. Protein, Fat, Carbs etc. What I
would like to do is add on say Wednesday what I am going to eat for
that day and then for spreadsheet to work out my total Protein, carb
and fat intake for that day using the info on page 8.

So if for example I have 75gms Chicken breast on page 8 and I put
Chicken in page 4 (Wednesday) twice, it will work out my Total intake
of Protein, Carbs etc.

Thanks in advance

Carl

--
the-jackal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You might also be interested in one or more of the downloads available from
this page:
http://www.jlathamsite.com/BBR/Foods.htm
As a diebetic, I developed those to primarily monitor my glucose and blood
pressure while watching the carb intake. There are a lot of foods and food
items listed there, including lots from chain-food shops, plus you can add
your own to it with nutrition info form its labeling. It also provides
charting for glucose levels, blood pressure and weight measurements you
record on it.