Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Multiple pages open when I open Excel

I was working away in Excel and thought I had clicked the Save icon on
the standard toolbar. At that point the block of figures I had been
working on became highlighted (I wasn't using any formulae) I then
closed the Excel programme and tried to open it again and this time
multiple pages opened each was a copy and each highlighted in the same
way! Can ayone explain what I did wrong? I just want to save, close and
open normally.

--
Lancashire Lass
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do your "pages", which are worksheets,Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP have a number
after the filename like

filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2 etc.?

If so you have created multiple windows of the same view.

CTRL + w to close them one at a time until only one is left open.

FileSave at this point.

Close and re-open normally.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP