Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I open multiple excel workbooks in the same window?

I seem to be having the opposite problem as every one else. I am using Excel
2003, and everytime I open a workbook it opens a new instance of excel. I
want to be able to view them all in the same window. The problem just
occured after a power outage, so it must have reset some option.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bonjour ! ,

Sorry for my english, but, you want "my problem" ( to view them all in the
same window), and i want "your problem" (opens a new instance of excel).
So, in first, how you do for opening workbook ? ( click in Exporer ? ).
If you want , i give you a part of my registry , you give me the sem part of
your registry, and with compar we cant do what we want !
here my registry foe exce.exe in : ( in french, but it's the same
presentation in english)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE
Nom de la clé : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52

Nom de la clé : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52

Nom de la clé : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell\edi t
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52
Valeur 0
Nom : <SANS NOM
Type : REG_SZ
Données : &Ouvrir

Nom de la clé :
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell\edi t\command
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52
Valeur 0
Nom : <SANS NOM
Type : REG_SZ
Données : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e

Valeur 1
Nom : command
Type : REG_MULTI_SZ
Données : *]gAVn-}f(ZXfeAR6.jiEXCELFiles!De@]Vz(r=f`1lfq`?R& /e

Nom de la clé :
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell\edi t\ddeexec
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52
Valeur 0
Nom : <SANS NOM
Type : REG_SZ
Données : [open("%1")]

Nom de la clé :
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell\edi t\ddeexec\application
Nom de la classe : <Sans classe
Heure de dernière écriture : 25/09/2006 - 05:52
Valeur 0
Nom : <SANS NOM
Type : REG_SZ
Données : Excel