Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott Reading

Default Multiple files open in same window

Hi

When I open more than one excel file, it opens in the same window. Is there
any way I can change it so they open in seperate ones?

I am using Excel 2000 which is fully up to date with patches.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Do you mean separate windows or separate instances.

If you meant separate windows (still the same instance of excel)...

Tools|options|view tab|check Windows in Taskbar.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jammer

I would like to have multiple windows of Excel, and can't get it to display
that way. I have dual monitors, and when I put one Excel file, open in one
window, and move it to monitor #1, then try to open another Excel file, in a
different window, and move it to monitor #2, the first file is also on
monitor #2. I have used the Windows in Taskbar option to get separate
buttons on the taskbar for the different files, but can't get the window to
actually separate the files in different windows. Can you help.
Thanks,
Jammer

Scott Reading wrote:

Hi

When I open more than one excel file, it opens in the same window. Is there
any way I can change it so they open in seperate ones?

I am using Excel 2000 which is fully up to date with patches.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't use multiple monitors, but maybe this thread will help:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...a6b4e0774623d6

or
http://snipurl.com/o208