Maurice

Default COPYING FOLDERS CONTAINING LINKED WORKBOOKS

I HAVE A FOLDER CONTAINING MANY WORKBOOKS THAT ARE LINKED TO EACH OTHER.
WHEN I COPY THE FOLDER, THE WORKBOOKS REMAIN LINKED TO THE WORKBOOKS IN THE
ORIGINAL FOLDER
I NEED THE WORKBOOKS TO BE LINKED TO THE WORKBOOKS IN THE COPIED FOLDER.
I HAVE TOO MANY LINKS TO HAVE TO EDIT EACH LINK IN THE WORKBOOKS IN THE
COPIED FOLDER.
HELP!

Bill Manville

You may not know that writing in CAPITALS is understood to be shouting.
It certainly makes it harder to read your message.

If the workbooks are linked to others in the same folder and you are
talking about formula links, those links will usually adjust when you
move all the files (e.g. using Windows Explorer).

I assume therefore that you are talking about hyperlinks.
In that case (and in general when you post to a newsgroup) it would be
helpful to know which version of Excel you are using.

I can send you a LinkManager utility which will change the hyperlinks
in all workbooks in a directory structure from referencing a particular
directory to referencing a different one.

If you think it would help you, email me at
Bill _ Manville @ compuserve.com (without the spaces).

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England