Michael Rekas

Default Updating linked workbooks

Hi there

I have been emailed a workbook which on opening prompts me to update
links.

If I say no (I do not have the linked workbooks), the linked cells
change to #N/A.

I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks

Michael
Dave Peterson

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work for you.

--