Junior Member

Lightbulb Populate text box or combo box with external files with links to file names

Need to some how have a way to:

First option would be to type a file name (all files would be .xls, xlsx, or xlsm file) into a text box and then have another box pop up that showed all files from a particular folder that contained the wording from the first text box. Then have the ability to click on any of those files that were found and open the file up.

Second option would be to populate a combo-box with all excel based files from a certain folder location and then once the file was chosen have the ability to open that file by either clicking on it or clicking a separate button to open it.

I've looked around several forums and have come close with code to use but nothing that actually works.

Does anyone have any ideas or could someone help me write the code to make one of these options work.

I cant use access because not everyone that works for my company has privs to use access but they do for excel.

Thanks in advance!