Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fixing links to external files if status shows OK

My workbook contains links to external xls files. When I open my workbook
and update links, I get message that some links cannot be updated. But when
I open "Edit Links", all statuses are showing OK. How do I find which links
cannot be updated?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have received the same message with the same information on mine. There
appear to be no missing updates. It could possibly be due to no changes on
the linked files, thus no updates were available. I do agree that it is very
confusing...

"ccac user" wrote:

My workbook contains links to external xls files. When I open my workbook
and update links, I get message that some links cannot be updated. But when
I open "Edit Links", all statuses are showing OK. How do I find which links
cannot be updated?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean, did you ever had "restored file" message after your file was corrupted
(mostly all the formating)? Some say it's because source file was saved in
earlier version of Excel. I;m not sure, since I have all source files in
Excel 2003.

"ccac user" wrote:

My workbook contains links to external xls files. When I open my workbook
and update links, I get message that some links cannot be updated. But when
I open "Edit Links", all statuses are showing OK. How do I find which links
cannot be updated?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I get this error on a file with 2 links, all of which were created
approximately 3 months ago on the same version of Excel. I didn't lose any
formatiing, and I don't get the message every time. So, earlier version is
not an issue in my case, and does not appeat to be one in yours either.

Best I can say is, if the links show OK, you should be a happy camper!