Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Seeing Text File Names when Saving Excel Files

I am new to Excel 2007.

I am saving a new Excel file and I want to give it a similar name to an
existing text file so that I know by the filename that the two files are
related to the same project.

However, when I "Save As" the Excel file in the selected directory, the only
other files I see in that directory are the other Excel files. I don't see
any of the other files that I know are in there (word, powerpoint, pdf, etc.).

In prior versions of Excel, I have been able to see all of the files in a
destination directory....is that still possible with the 2007 version of
Office? If so, how do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I see what you mean, you can select Text Files (*.txt) but there is no All
Files option and *.* does not refresh the list.

If this is not a but it is an oversight.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jkiser" wrote:

I am new to Excel 2007.

I am saving a new Excel file and I want to give it a similar name to an
existing text file so that I know by the filename that the two files are
related to the same project.

However, when I "Save As" the Excel file in the selected directory, the only
other files I see in that directory are the other Excel files. I don't see
any of the other files that I know are in there (word, powerpoint, pdf, etc.).

In prior versions of Excel, I have been able to see all of the files in a
destination directory....is that still possible with the 2007 version of
Office? If so, how do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

This isn't much of a solution but you can do a File, Open command and in
there you can pick *.* and preview the files of all types.

Then switch back to Save As and proceed based on what you discovered in File
Open.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jkiser" wrote:

I am new to Excel 2007.

I am saving a new Excel file and I want to give it a similar name to an
existing text file so that I know by the filename that the two files are
related to the same project.

However, when I "Save As" the Excel file in the selected directory, the only
other files I see in that directory are the other Excel files. I don't see
any of the other files that I know are in there (word, powerpoint, pdf, etc.).

In prior versions of Excel, I have been able to see all of the files in a
destination directory....is that still possible with the 2007 version of
Office? If so, how do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

and *.* does not refresh the list.

I can't experience this. Anyway, try *.?*

Regards,

Fanfoe

"jkiser" wrote:
I am new to Excel 2007.

I am saving a new Excel file and I want to give it a similar name to an
existing text file so that I know by the filename that the two files are
related to the same project.

However, when I "Save As" the Excel file in the selected directory, the only
other files I see in that directory are the other Excel files. *I don't see
any of the other files that I know are in there (word, powerpoint, pdf, etc.).

In prior versions of Excel, I have been able to see all of the files in a
destination directory....is that still possible with the 2007 version of
Office? * If so, how do I do that?- Hide quoted text -