Old January 8th 10, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Hyperlink just one word in a cell?

Hello all; the subject line really says it all.

I'm pretty sure at some point in the past I've seen text in a cell where
there was a hyperlink in just PART of the cell... but I can't for the life of
me figure out how to do that now.

Any help would be MOST appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

Old January 8th 10, 07:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I fear you are mistaken.

Having inserted a hyperlink in a cell you can change the character
formatting of all but one word to be black with no underlining so that
it LOOKS like only the one word is the link - but you can't make only
that word ACT as a link.

You might be able to insert an object that looks like a cell and can
contain rich text, including single hyperlinked words - but I have not
found one that works in a quick search.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Old January 8th 10, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

You could cheat and add a rectangle over the word/phrase you want. Then hide
its borders and assign the hyperlink to that rectangle.

You could even format those characters (if the value in that cell is not a
formula) nicely.

But it can be a pain if you re-edit the text and change the position of the
characters.