Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Hyperlink just one word in a cell?

You could cheat and add a rectangle over the word/phrase you want. Then hide
its borders and assign the hyperlink to that rectangle.

You could even format those characters (if the value in that cell is not a
formula) nicely.

But it can be a pain if you re-edit the text and change the position of the
characters.

JaimeZX wrote:

Hello all; the subject line really says it all.

I'm pretty sure at some point in the past I've seen text in a cell where
there was a hyperlink in just PART of the cell... but I can't for the life of
me figure out how to do that now.

Any help would be MOST appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

--

Dave Peterson