Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Import Data from HTTPS

Hello all

I would like to import data into an xl sheet from a new web query.

I am trying to use the option Data - Import External Data - New Web Query.

In the Address field of new window popped up, I pasted my website as "
https://marketdataresearch.credit-su...commodities.do
" and press Go.

It is then asking Do you want to display the non secure items? I clicked
Yes.

Then the website appeared and I ticked (selected) the main table and press
Import.

At the end it says Unable to open https://marketdataresea........ Can not
download the information you requested..

Any help please:-(

Sri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

FWIW, I see the same result.

It is probably not helpful to point out that you can select the content
of the table on the website, Ctrl+C to copy it and then paste it into a
worksheet, since you probably want to be able to refresh the query
easily.

I guess some websites are more amenable to querying than others, but it
is not an area of expertise for me.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I tried opening your site directly. It presented me with a dialogue which I
had to answer, as to which country I was in. Perhaps when you use the site
it does the same, and is still waiting for your answer? If so, you would
need to provide the answer in your call to the site.
--

music on the web: www.esnips.com/web/yahyas-music