Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Link from Autoshape keeps changing

Hi

I run Win2k and Excel 2K

I have an autoshape that when slected hyperlinks to a html file. The problem
I am having is that each time I open the file the hyperlink changes to one of
my other "recent files" hyperlink. To overcome it I have to selct the
autoshape then select Edit Hyperlink then select the one that I want from the
list of recenlty used hyperlinks. It used to hold the link ok but for some
reason it changes everytime I open the workbook now.

Does anyone know how I can get the hyperlink to stay with the sutoshape and
not change all the time?

Thanks

JOhn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

When creating the hyperlink, enclose the link address in double quotes, for
example:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Mike\Hyper
Text\contact_list.html"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200742

"John Calder" wrote:

Hi

I run Win2k and Excel 2K

I have an autoshape that when slected hyperlinks to a html file. The problem
I am having is that each time I open the file the hyperlink changes to one of
my other "recent files" hyperlink. To overcome it I have to selct the
autoshape then select Edit Hyperlink then select the one that I want from the
list of recenlty used hyperlinks. It used to hold the link ok but for some
reason it changes everytime I open the workbook now.

Does anyone know how I can get the hyperlink to stay with the sutoshape and
not change all the time?

Thanks

JOhn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did as you said but the hyperlink will not
work when I add the double quotes? The link I am using is as follows:

\\STLWOLSVR01\AMM\18Apps\CSA_Intranet\Data\Supply_ Chain\daily_reports\pctnstk.html

This link work fine, it;s just that it does not stay as the default link for
the autoshape.

Thanks again